Monday, May 1, 2017

Why Do Some Dog Lovers Insist on Being Cat Haters?




Last night, my husband and I were watching this video of Mark Hamill on YouTube:

click this:
Mark Hamill talks about his disappointment


Now, generally I think Mark Hamill is a really good guy and super-funny (we saw him in person once giving a talk and he was immensely entertaining), but toward the beginning of the video he tells a "joke" and afterwards says that one reason he told it is that, "It's funny, because it's about cats dying."  Sorry, but to me that is never funny.


I have a good sense of humor.  I can crack up at LaaLaa on Teletubbies, at the penis humor in Spaceballs, the funny parts of Star Trek 4, and a whole lot more, but to me dead cats just aren't a funny thing.

I don't hate dogs or dog owners.  I had a dog named Samantha (for the character on Bewitched) when I was little and loved her a lot (she's under the couch in the photo above).  We loved our former neighbors and their sweet, sweet dogs (at least one of whom was rescued from a very bad situation and now has it so, so good).  We pay to leave our bright outside patio light on all night to help out the upstairs neighbors at our new place (their own light, near their door, is too dim), so they can feel safe when walking their little dog in the middle of the night, even though they wake me up sometimes when doing it, and even though we've never met them.

I'm not trying to offend anyone.  I just don't understand why SOME (not all) dog lovers think they have to be cat haters.  I've never even understood what they even have against cats anyway.  For instance, my sister and brother-in-law insist on "joking" and saying mean things about cats, usually in a room where at least four other family members are total cat lovers.  In the past, they've even said some really vicious or horrific things related to cats.  I just don't get it.  I've never heard any cat lover speak that way about dogs.  Not in my whole life.

Cats are usually pretty good judges of people, too.  The cat I had when I met my husband loved him instantly (as did I), and he's an amazing and wonderful man, so she really was a good judge of his character.  Cats are just so incredible if you give them the love and attention that they deserve.  They are truly one of God's greatest gifts, in my opinion.

If you love cats, like we do, or know someone who does, you might want to get yourself (or them) this book that we just did:

click here: